GRAY MARKET PROTECTION
Our grey market protection – so that you always know exactly where your products come from
In today’s globalised world, products find their way onto the market in many different ways. Often these are articles of unknown origin, whose origin is difficult to trace. These grey market products quickly become a problem for your brand, for example if the products are offered at conditions below market level or their authenticity cannot be guaranteed.
To protect you from this, we offer you the opportunity to securely mark your product packaging using sophisticated techniques from established business partners:
- Embossing: A simple and secure method of labelling your product is our elaborate embossing techniques, which we can apply to your packaging on request.
- Security by design: Hidden in the embossing is a security system with tilting and dynamic effects that enable you to detect counterfeits or other manipulations. This patented security feature comes from our long-standing business partner Giesecke und Devrient, which has been successfully involved in banknote production for over 160 years. This embossing offers you ideal protection in an attractive design.
- Coding: We print a QR code on your packaging, whose unique identifier allows you to clearly determine the identity of the packaging and trace it back through every station. After scanning the code, you can immediately see where the goods came from or through whom they entered the market and whether they are counterfeits.
Our grey market protection offers you optimum protection for your distribution channels.
Overview of Benefits
- Thanks to the digital code, you can identify the product packaging beyond doubt and precisely trace its path to the end seller.
- You protect yourself, your brand and your distribution partners from unfair competitors.
- The protection device offers you the possibility to unmask counterfeits immediately with the help of the embossed security element.
Grey market protection is used to trace the paths that products take from the manufacturer to the end customer. Often these are very opaque due to global supply chains, making clarification difficult. However, with the help of coding on the packaging via QR code or individual embossing, originators can clearly identify the routes and sources through which their products reach the market.
Grey market products are a growing problem, especially for brand manufacturers and retailers, as they are often offered at conditions below market level and their authenticity cannot be guaranteed at first glance. For this reason, clear labelling on packaging offers an ideal opportunity to secure distribution channels and exclusive retail partnerships.
Due to its many years of cooperation with brand manufacturers and banknote producers, Seismografics has distinctive experience in the unique identification of product packaging of all kinds. Unique embossing security systems with tilt and dynamic effects or the integration of QR codes thus lead to the creation of precise identification features.